Posts by ashafer

I'm trying to get search to work on a new site, but no results show and I see this in debug.

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT 'PerchContent_SearchHandler' AS source, '' AS score, '' AS col1, '' AS col2, '' AS col3, '' AS col4, '' AS col5, '' AS col6, '' AS col7, '' AS col8 FROM perch3_content_regions WHERE 1=0 UNION SELECT 'PerchContent_RunwaySearch' AS source, 1 AS score, c.collectionKey AS col1, ci.itemSearch AS col2, ci.itemJSON AS col3, c.collectionOptions AS col4, c.collectionKey AS col5, c.collectionKey AS col6, collectionTemplate AS col7, c.collectionKey AS col8 FROM perch3_collections c, perch3_collection_items ci, perch3_collection_revisions cr WHERE c.collectionID=cr.collectionID AND cr.itemID=ci.itemID AND cr.itemRev=ci.itemRev AND c.collectionSearchable=1 AND cr.itemSearchable=1 AND ci.itemSearch REGEXP '[[:<:]]pedestrian[[:>:]]' ORDER BY score ASC LIMIT 0, 10

Invalid query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 3685 Illegal argument to a regular expression.

And it has all the document items, then lists all the links at the bottom.

How can I use a repeater within a collection? I have a reports collection and sometimes one report may have multiple PDFs associated with it. It lets me create the collection fine, but when I try to display it on the page- all the PDFs show up at the bottom. I don't want to use related content because then they'll have to go into two places to add a report.

Hi-

I have a template - Iconblocks.html - that uses Perch:group . It works great when it's put into a region. However, if I reference it in another template, the labels do not show. I know this is listed as an experimental feature, but is there anything that I"m misssing that can get the group labels to work in a template that references another.

Hi- So we switched to a new host for testing. And we're still getting this issue. We have multiple Perch sites and this is the only one doing it. It happens now with multiple hosts, so not a hosting issue.

I've noticed it happens when we have more than one person logged into the back end.

Hello,

Looking to see if anyone has successfully deployed a Perch Runway site to Azure. I've gotten as far as adding this to my web.config

Code
    1. <rewrite>
    2. <rules>
    3. <rule name="Perch Runway" stopProcessing="true">
    4. <match url=".*" ignoreCase="false" />
    5. <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll"> <add input="{URL}" pattern="^/perch" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" /> </conditions>
    6. <action type="Rewrite" url="/perch/core/runway/start.php" />
    7. </rule>
    8. </rules>
    9. </rewrite>

However, it will only serve up PHP files and creates a 404 on other types trying to come through (.css, .svg, .js, etc). Any suggestions on how to properly format the rewrite rule so that it will work with Azure?

As Joridon pointed out on the Slack channel.. here's the issue.

I don’t think perch currently allows you to connect like this. You’d need to implement connecting to mysqli like shown in Hussein’s link :

```

$conn = mysqli_init();

mysqli_ssl_set($conn,NULL,NULL, "/var/www/html/BaltimoreCyberTrustRoot.crt.pem", NULL, NULL) ;

mysqli_real_connect($conn, 'mydemoserver.mysql.database.azure.com', 'myadmin@mydemoserver', 'yourpassword', 'quickstartdb', 3306, MYSQLI_CLIENT_SSL);

if (mysqli_connect_errno($conn)) {

die('Failed to connect to MySQL: '.mysqli_connect_error());

}

```

Currently perch just uses simple mysqli :

```

$this->link = new mysqli($this->config('PERCH_DB_SERVER'), $this->config('PERCH_DB_USERNAME'), $this->config('PERCH_DB_PASSWORD'), $this->config('PERCH_DB_DATABASE'), $this->config('PERCH_DB_PORT'), $this->config('PERCH_DB_SOCKET'));

Hi- We're looking to move our dev server to use Azure. The database requires an SSL connection. Is there a way to set Perch to do this?

So, I did notice that it's currently running on PHP 5. If I switch to PHP 7, the perch runtime.php cannot be found. Switching it for some reason changes the document root. Any suggestions on what I can do to get it running on PHP 7?

Here's the two different diagnostics

Perch: 3.1.5, PHP: 5.6.17-pl0-gentoo, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO

Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi

Installed apps: content (3.1.5), assets (3.1.5), categories (3.1.5), perch_blog (5.6.1), perch_events (1.9.5), perch_forms (1.12)

App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_events' ); ?>

PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch

PERCH_PATH: /data/2/5/74/155/5400970/user/6467411/htdocs/perch

PERCH_CORE: /data/2/5/74/155/5400970/user/6467411/htdocs/perch/core

PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /data/2/5/74/155/5400970/user/6467411/htdocs/perch/resources

Image manipulation: GD Imagick

PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 64M

F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807

Resource folder writeable: Yes

SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/

DOCUMENT_ROOT: /data/2/5/74/155/5400970/user/6467411/htdocs

HTTP_HOST: njdotlocalaidrc.com

Perch: 3.1.5, PHP: 7.0.2-pl0-gentoo, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 7e72f9690b1498a1bead7a637c33a831c0d2f655 $, with PDO

Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi

Installed apps: content (3.1.5), assets (3.1.5), categories (3.1.5), perch_blog (5.6.1), perch_events (1.9.5), perch_forms (1.12)

App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_events' ); ?>

PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch

PERCH_PATH: /data/2/5/74/155/5400970/user/6467411/htdocs/perch

PERCH_CORE: /data/2/5/74/155/5400970/user/6467411/htdocs/perch/core

PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /data/2/5/74/155/5400970/user/6467411/htdocs/perch/resources

Image manipulation: GD Imagick

PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 64M

F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807

Resource folder writeable: Yes

SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/

DOCUMENT_ROOT: /usr/services/vux/apache/htdocs

HTTP_HOST: njdotlocalaidrc.com

:( I was worried this would be the problem. I have had multiple issues using Perch on NS and they've never been helpful. Luckily, I've been able to move all our other sites over to a different hosting provider. THis one is 'stuck' there because the client prepaid for 5 years and the project manager doesn't want to switch. I'll let you know.

We haven't purposefully changed anything in the hosting environment, but it's using a shared hosting with Network Solutions so they may have. Looks like it is running 3.14 so I could update and see if that helps. I'll see if I can get access to the server error logs.

Hi-
    I've recently noticed an issue with one of my Perch sites where I am constantly being logged out of Perch. I go into the back end, make a change, get logged out. Log back in, navigate to another page, and I'm logged out. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to why I'm getting kicked out. All my users are experience something similar. Any suggestions?

Hi-

When one of my editors tries to add a link to the body of an event, it won't code it into html. All that displays is: [cms:asset 207 title=”June 2019 Presentation”]

My code for it in event.html is:

Code
    1. <perch:events id="eventDescHTML" type="textarea" markdown= editor="simplemde" />

Any ideas what could be causing it?