I'm looking for information or previous experience of implementing a mega dropdown menu (similar to the training dropdown here: https://www.tcc-net.com/). I'd normally consider using perch_pages_navigation with a suitably styled naviagtion template to obtain the required layout. Some requirements for the current project preclude this solution:
- The group names may be arbitrary, they may not correspond to a site page and therefore cannot link anywhere;
- Links to a page may need to be added to more than one group;
- Some links may be offsite (and require a label indicating the fact).
I'm evaluating a few approaches at the moment:
- creating a shared content region which allows users to build up a menu using a combination of repeating regions, repeaters, categories, blocks
- developing an add on, possibly making use of navigation groups
I'd be greatful for suggested approaches, ideas or experiences. Thanks.