clickable phone number

• Hi, It's been a long time since I've been in this forum. So long, I had to create a new account. Anyway, I have a site that has a phone number on it that isn't clickable on mobile devices. I've tried updating the template to show the number as clickable, but it still isn't clickable.

Code
    1. <span class="phoneNum"><i class="fa fa-phone-square"></i> <a href="tel:<perch:content id="TollFreeNumber" type="text" label="Toll Free Number" />"><perch:content id="TollFreeNumber" type="text" label="Toll Free Number" /></a></span>

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • I will look into that. But I took that code from a google search. I haven't had this issue with sites built without Perch. The numbers are just clickable on a mobile device without me having to add any additional code.

• Hi Kim

Does the region for TollFreeNumber in Perch have any spaces in the phone number?

I do a similar thing to you, but have 2 regions (one for the <a> tag and one for the number that shows on the site), as I like to have spaces in the phone number on display, but need it without for the link.

• The template looks OK and as I'm working on a Perch site at the moment I quickly used your template as a test and the phone number link worked for me.

Can you post your source code from a browser of the area to see what's happening?

• Thank you to everyone that replied. It seems to be working now for me on my phone. And as Hoops78 mentioned, it works for him too. So, I am going to assume it's working for all. Thank you again for the help.