Cannot login

• Not sure if this is the correct thread or not, but my client emailed me after about 5 years of not hearing from her. All of the sudden, she could not log in to her site. She says she only makes edits about once a year, so the problem could have been there for a while. We tried all different things and reset the password a bunch of times with no luck logging in. I read your post about php 7 and figured it must have to do with this, so I upgraded her to version 3 of Perch. However, we still cannot log in. We actually are not even receiving the reset password emails anymore now after the upgrade. Please assist.

Thanks!

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Good news. We were able to log in. But now there is no WYSIWYG editor. I only see HTML. After seeing this, I thought maybe it was a conflict with the new version, so I removed the editors in the plugin folder of the website files. I saw your instructions for upgrading had recommended this. Any ideas on why the WYSIWYG editor would not be working?

• Do I need to upload anything else along with the core folder? In the instructions, I believe it said only to replace the core folder and did not mention uploading the other files. I left the other files in tact pretty much.

• What are the textarea inputs looking like in your template? If your looking to use the WYSIWYG editor it should look similar to below.

Code
    1. <perch:content id="body" type="textarea" label="Article body" html editor="redactor">

If that looks good are you getting any JS errors in your console?

• This must be the problem. This is what I have in my page code:

<h1><?php perch_content('Rooms Heading'); ?></h1>

<?php perch_content('Rooms Main');?>

Where do I place the code you provide above? Is it replacing these codes I have copy and pasted or is this in addition?

• With <?php perch_content('Rooms Main');?> you are creating a region, which now will show up in the Perch Dashboard. There you can select a template that you will be using to fill the region with.

So for example in /perch/templates/content/ you can create a file named rooms_main.html. In this file you put the code:

Code
    1. <perch:content id="body" type="textarea" label="Article body" html editor="redactor">

Now when selecting a template for the region, this rooms_main.html template will show up and you can use this template to fill the region with.

My suggestion:

Instead of your code, I would only write <?php perch_content('Rooms');?> on your page.

Then for the template (create it in /perch/templates/content/rooms.html) I would use:

Code
    1. <h1><perch:content id="heading" type="text" label="Heading"></h1>
    2. <perch:content id="body" type="textarea" label="Body" html editor="redactor">

So now you can write your page from one region instead of two.