When trying to redirect non SSL urls, ht access is sending to perch runway start page?

• We have the following rules in our htaccess file:

We have used this before without issue (I hope), however in this case trying to access 'http://www.speechwrite.com' (non https) brings up a 404 and the url shows the runway start page?

Does anyone know what might be going wrong here?

• Hi Clive Walker  ex-jedi

Apologies for the delay - at current any technical issues will be reported by myself or another of the core team to the development team. I'm not sure what may be different in the future, if we'll have any technical resources direct on the forum or not, but we really appreciate all the work the community has put in.

• Apologies for the delay - at current any technical issues will be reported by myself or another of the core team to the development team. I'm not sure what may be different in the future, if we'll have any technical resources direct on the forum or not, but we really appreciate all the work the community has put in.

I can't see how this is going to work (and so far hasn't) – the community are happy to contribute, I'm sure, but not when there isn't a desire from the core team too. I actually don't recall seeing one technical issue resolved by the Perch team yet?

One of the reasons your competitors like Craft, Statamic, Kirby etc are doing so well is because the support is so good, and you can interact directly with the devs. Having to report technical issues to a middle-man (no offence) is yet another layer of friction that Perch could do without. A massive pain-point for Perch users over the last few years, has been the level of support (or lack of) but somehow the new team has found a way to make it worse.

Saying how much you 'appreciate the support' and 'thank you for your patience' is just becoming condescending now. Perch has very little goodwill left within the community and at this rate it won't be long until it's depleted.

I look forward to another non-answer in due course.

— Toby