Posts by charlie.elsey

Thanks Clive

all old stuff but I prefer to let sleeping dogs lie when they are not making a fuss and doing their job!

this site with this issue is on the latest V2 2.8.34

server is running php 7.4

I have other legacy sites with same webhost in same scenario that are not having this issue

I have got a number of legacy sites still happily running on V2.8 Perch... until now

one gets the 'Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain.' message when trying to log in to edit, even though all is good under my licences listed in my account.

any ideas anyone? I have emailed directors @ but no answer yet

Long shot question. I have a user with foxycart shop app, it was set up years ago to use the shop app just as a catalogue of products/items, so was never linked to foxy cart for purchase processing, so no api, callbacks etc.

Running on perch version 2.84 and yes amazingly it all still works fine given the original intentions.

Is there any way from within Perch to generate an xml output file of the listing of shop products?

Thanks for any students of ancient perch who can offer any guidance.

No NEW licences available for plain old Perch, just Runway V4

So IF this is the way it's going with the new owners, how long before preV4 vanilla Perch sites fall on their head?

How long will plain Perch sites continue to work?
    All my sites are for small website owners for whom plain Perch as opposed to Runway was more than adequate.

They don't need Runway, I don't want to charge them again for a CMS upgrade.

Can an old plain Perch site even be upgraded to Runway without wholesale rebuild?

The lack of a clear steer from the owners is most unnerving ...

sorry to hijack but experiencing a similar issue. does upgrading to V3 require a new licence or will the'old' V2 licence key still work when upgraded to V3? so long since I last did this, hope you have good advice as always Clive!

Yes, I would upgrade to Perch 2.8.34 and test this - although I think you will need to upgrade to Perch 3 for full compatibility with 7.4.22

Looking for content template input tag required just for time, that outputs in format hours:minutes:seconds e.g. 12:32:55

This is for recording the time taken to complete an event so 'time' must not change with locale or go 12 or 24 hour format!

My template tag below does not work - suggestions please for correct format

<perch:content id="ttrecord_time" type="time" label="Time" format="h:i:s" />

There may be a number of records and would need to be able to sort low to high

Many thanks for any help. TGIF!

Does anyone have any real experience and recommendations for a paywall service? (that works easily with Perch would be nice!)

User has a requirement for paywall to provide limited/paid access to restricted content on their site. UK based if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Good and sad news at the same time.

Thanks Rachel and Drew. You built a great product! One that, for a complete luddite like me, enabled me to offer a reasonable and easy to use CMS to a lot of clients who are still happy Perch users.

Best of luck for the future to you both... and we all look forward to seeing what the future holds for us Perchers.

Using standard Perch, NOT Runway, is there a simple way to import a dataset from spreadsheet/csv file into Perch... content template has 12 fields for a straight list of items, user has maybe 100 items that they would rather not have to input manually.

Thanks for any guidance.

user wants to be able to add social media embeds to their site - this comes to them in the form of 'get code' html code. I want them to be able to paste that code into a textarea region in Perch editing. Can't seem to get it to output the html and hence the embedded item does not appear on the output page.

am I missing something? It's Friday...

thanks pixelnaut, but I've always found the gallery app to be a PITA to be honest, but that's just my point of view, and it's had no real updates since the year dot. I do still use it of course, just looking for other's experiences of anything else that might work 'better' Yeah, define 'better' I know ;)

I am looking for examples of image galleries that work well within Perch (not runway)

I don't use the native perch gallery app. I have used woothemes flexslider on a number of projects and it works well for image galleries with a reasonable number of images, though all have to be added one by one... this is seen by users as a bit of a pain ;)

I have a user who wants something 'better' for large groups of images, masonry grid display or soemthing similar. Not averse to linking to something outside of Perch so long as linkage can be managed within Perch.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Many thanks