Undefined Index page.edit.post.php

• Hi Clive,

You are correct in that I have listed this issue previously.

Saying that, being a PHP error, I am not sure how any Perch template would be the cause, and as well; it only happens on the server so I'm assuming that the interpreter is more strict than what is on localhost.

In addition, again since this is occurring in a Core file, and as I have not made any modifications; I am not sure what investigation may be possible other than to say in Settings for each page, I am able to select different attribute templates of which I have created and will post if necessary.

Regards

• An undefined index error message normally means that a variable or constant has no value. And that a page or template is attempting to use the empty value. In PHP terms, you can avoid this by checking for a value before using it.

I'm not sure that this error is because of a core file. I'd guess that a template field is empty and a page on your site is attempting to use the empty value without checking for it. If you can narrow this down to a specific template and show how the template fields are used in the page code, this would give more information to go on.

• The issue seems to be based on the attributes templates. Perch will find any files in the perch/templates/pages/attributes folder and list them in the `Edit page` page. The label is a human readable format of the file names in the folder.

What files are present in your perch/templates/pages/attributes, and what version of perch are you running?

• Hi Byron,

You are correct, perch does not seem to like various file extensions in that directory.

Thank you very much for pointing that out, although the situation appears to only occur in newer versions of PHP so maybe that is a heads up.

Best regards

• Here is some code in one file, with the .html extension: