I need a working example of the Gallery App to show a client

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • The Gallery app hasn't been updated for a long time, as the functionality of the gallery app can be replicated easily enough. For a normal perch install you can use multiple item regions/repeaters, and for a runway install you also have the additional option of using collections.

• The Gallery app hasn't been updated for a long time, as the functionality of the gallery app can be replicated easily enough. For a normal perch install you can use multiple item regions/repeaters, and for a runway install you also have the additional option of using collections.

Thanks for replying.

I'd counter that by saying none of what you mention actually replicates the Gallery functionality at all.

The main benefit of using the Gallery from an end user point of view is it's ability to bulk upload images rather than having to upload them one at a time, which is what a user would have to do if you implemented a Gallery using the techniques you describe. I fully understand how using repeating regions and collections you can create a gallery but as I say, that's not a direct replacement and it's certainly not an improvement over the existing Gallery Addon.

I have a number of clients who use the gallery to showcase work or events, all of which are very pleased with how the Gallery makes it quick and easy for them to input the content.

I was hoping in my original post Drew might elaborate on why we should no longer use the Gallery. I'm guessing the answer might be he's not looking to spend time developing it or supporting it for much longer. Which personally I think would be a shame because it's a simple, but really useful little addon that end users like.

#savetheperchgallery

• I was working on a replacement Gallery app but then decided to shut down dev until more info became available about how apps for v4 are supposed to work. Not knowing what’s going on with v4 has seriously hindered and motivation to move forward with perch development. Considering v4 was supposed to drop last summer I didn’t want to continue developing for v3... so now I just don’t know what to do.