Chirp! Your new Community Management Team

• Expanding the core functionality is definitely something we want to look at, especially for the most used addons' features/functionality, it'll save upkeep and development time our side, and make the process smoother for our users.

I'm not aware of anything regarding a Perch podcast, but if there's interest for it it's definitely not off the table!

• Are then plans to delelop and add extra features to Perch shop?

Also it was mentioned by Drew that some first party apps would be put on GitHub and opened up for pull requests. I realise that in many situations that can create just as many problems as it solves though. But is that still being considered?

• Perch shop is definitely something we're interested in, though I can't say the shape it will take right now!

I wasn't aware of that, but I'll bring it up to make sure everyone's aware of that so we can decide, thanks!

• I have a couple of shops up and running and I have to say I’m a big fan. It allows me to design the look and feel exactly how I want.

That’s not to say there aren’t issues. Top of the list are the concerns re stripe SCA which starts coming in to use in the EU in June.

Also the lack of search to find or filter orders and customers means that you have page through them a page at a time… painful.

Being able to sell 1.5kg of nails instead of 1500g of nails would make more sense to customers.

Integrations with leading accountancy software would be a nice touch as would creating pdfs of invoices for customers to download.

Please, please do something about the spam registrations. Some use the same email address which I didn’t think was possible.

Lastly the ability to customise the information displayed variant listing would hugely improve product management.

Like said you have a great product, a solid starter for ten, on which to build.

• I've recently built my first shop using Perch and it's gone very smoothly. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to PHP I'm more of a front-end developer, but I've got there with no issues and I'm happy with the result, as is my client. I'll echo the comment above, I really like that I can just build the front-end of my shop exactly how I want. I've used Woocommerce in the past and that is an absolute nightmare to work with.

The docs for shop are OK, but they could do with some improvement. I think a video series like the current Blog add-on has with example files to follow along with would be a real help to new users.