Perch V4 (and future) Megathread

• Hi Grant,

Regarding the below, the development team have asked if you could please make a change to perch/addons/apps/perch_mailchimp/dashboard.php :

line 33: $items = '';

TO THIS:

line 33: $items = [];

And let me know if the issue is resolved?

Regarding the above comment

PHP: Mailchimp error
    1. : Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in ####/addons/apps/perch_mailchimp/dashboard.php:55 Stack trace: #0 ####/core/dashboard/modes/dash.post.php(30): {closure}(Object(PerchAuthenticatedUser)) #1 ####/core/dashboard/index.php(20): include('/Users/grant/Si...') #2 /Users/grant/.composer/vendor/laravel/valet/server.php(235): require('/Users/grant/Si...') #3 {main} thrown in
    2. ####/addons/apps/perch_mailchimp/dashboard.php
    3. on line
    4. 55
  • Hi Gareth S - I've checked with my developer colleague and his reply was that the deprecation errors were all on screen so we're not quite sure why you cannot see these. He did the PHP 8 check as a favour to me and others in the Perchology Slack group and doesn't want to do more on this as a freebie.

So, from his perspective, it's really up to your PHP devs to look into this.

I've not used Perch with PHP 8 myself so cannot comment on this. Hopefully, my comments in previous post can help your team test this release in their testing process.

• Hi Gareth, will you be officially releasing an update / adding to the add on page / apps release notes at some point?

• So, from his perspective, it's really up to your PHP devs to look into this.

From my perspective, as an end, user; I use a pre-built library on localhost called UniserverZ.

My web-hosting, however have said that besides the lack of plug-in's available for PHP8 generally, that authentication is an issue, and I am fine with that so long as what I write transfers to the last supported version, i.e., 7.4.5.

• Hi Clive Walker

Not a problem at all, thank you for following up, I'll let them know that's the case and wait on further details from them.

Jason Yes we will, with the shop release our development team unfortunately didn't have access to the add-on page, hence the slightly odd release method! Going forward, all releases should be in the 'normal' fashion.

• Hi All,

Firstly just to make you aware, I will be off around the bank holiday weekend, back 1st September, as part of this - and for better coverage overall - I have asked two of my team members to make themselves present on the forums, so you should see posts from them today.

In regards to PHP8, our development team have still not run into issues trying this themselves, is anyone able to provide screenshots of the deprecation errors please?

I have just chased a timescale following Theodora's meeting with Drew this week, as well as more details on the Perch and Runway combination. Whatever I get today I will update here, anything else I have asked to be passed to my team members and they will update you.

• Hi Gareth S

I asked my developer colleague for more details and he replied:

• Gareth S Have they fixed this error on the Form App?

Code
    1. [Thu Jul 29 10:08:43.712690 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 346915:tid 139845720590080] [client 990.120.92.62:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_time_limit() in /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_cms/core/lib/PHPMailer.class.php:4365\nStack trace:\n#0 /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_cms/core/lib/PHPMailer.class.php(1667): PHPMailer_SMTP->connect()\n#1 /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_cms/core/lib/PHPMailer.class.php(1547): PHPMailer->smtpConnect()\n#2 /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_cms/core/lib/PHPMailer.class.php(1342): PHPMailer->smtpSend()\n#3 /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_cms/core/lib/PHPMailer.class.php(1220): PHPMailer->postSend()\n#4 /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_cms/core/lib/PerchEmail.class.php(341): PHPMailer->send()\n#5 /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_cms/addons/apps/perch_forms/PerchForms_Form.class.php(304): PerchEmail->send()\n#6 /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_cms/addons/apps/perch_forms/PerchForms_Form.class.php(142): PerchForms_Form->_send_email()\n#7 /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/c...', referer: https://www.coloradoseodesign.com/contact.php
  • Jason Where are you getting the message? Is it when you login to the admin section or is it tied to other areas of your site. I'm using crop="true" with a width and a height setting in several of my templates. I just tested it on PHP 8 and I didn't get an error. Templates are obviously html but that was one of the options available was crop so I wanted to test it. Here is my template code.

Code
    1. <perch:content id="name4" type="text" label="Tile four title" required="true" title="true" escape="true" />
  • seoMatt in the Admin, see below fairly standard stuff, this is on my local though so I have all the warnings etc turned on - reverting to PHP 7.4 resolves the messages

Code
    1. <perch:content type="image" id="image" label="Image" width="590" height="800" crop bucket="general" help="Must be at least 590px wide x 800px high" order="4">
  • There was talk of improving the ecosystem for third-party add-ons. I think Drew mentioned a marketplace type thing? Is that still part of the plan? And are there plans to update the website and marketing? The 'really little CMS' thing still makes me wince. 🤦‍♂️

But as always, what's the current release timeline? Is there a date you're aiming for or are we at let's wait and see? 😓😓😓