Any Version 4 News?

• … total lack of communication from the perch team

Not that I want to start a "thing", but isn't it just one dude, not a "team". LOL, the grumpy demands for communication are a bit much. The reasons for slowing down Perch dev were mentioned previously. Meanwhile the software still works.

Sounds like wheels are turning anyway, so maybe be patient during a global pandemic? Not that anyone needs defending, but Drew has literally thousands of forum posts to his name (including old forum), and I'd call that pretty good communication relative to the lifespan of product. I'd also prefer software devs spend time on the software than replying to needy forum posters :-) Anyway, where were we? Ah yes happiness, rainbows, and shiny things await those who have been good.

• Apologies in advance but I have to nerd out now. Many years ago I built a model railway for a competition. In the centre was a water powered mill. It was just going to be a plain water mill but I did some research on mills and just had to make it a fulling mill. Fulling mills hammered felt to make cloth which was then soaked in urine to give it strength (later they used fullercite because - well it's wee.) and to dry the cloth they had a rack outside called a tenter rack. The rack had hooks on it to stretch the cloth and when the cloth dried it shrank and went taught. And this is where the expression on tenter hooks actually comes from.

So.. I'm excited to find out whats next with Perch! (...I'm not sat here soaked in widdle getting stressed.)

• Apologies in advance but I have to nerd out now. Many years ago I built a model railway for a competition. In the centre was a water powered mill. It was just going to be a plain water mill but I did some research on mills and just had to make it a fulling mill. Fulling mills hammered felt to make cloth which was then soaked in urine to give it strength (later they used fullercite because - well it's wee.) and to dry the cloth they had a rack outside called a tenter rack. The rack had hooks on it to stretch the cloth and when the cloth dried it shrank and went taught. And this is where the expression on tenter hooks actually comes from.

So.. I'm excited to find out whats next with Perch! (...I'm not sat here soaked in widdle getting stressed.)

Fascinating! Did you win the competition by the way?

• If we had news to share then we would share it. We aren't at a point where we can right now, so we haven't. You can rest assured that as soon as we can we will.

We can keep posting "no news yet", but that's just going to make noise. So assume no news yet until news is posted :)

• If we had news to share then we would share it. We aren't at a point where we can right now, so we haven't. You can rest assured that as soon as we can we will.

We can keep posting "no news yet", but that's just going to make noise. So assume no news yet until news is posted :)

Rachel,

That’s great and all but the community needs a better reply then that. We are Devs that have built our business on your product. We deserve to know it’s future and have timely updates unless you want us to stop buying licenses and let it die.

There are only two ways forward I see and those are either you are selling or you will open source it.

Over a year since update and little to no response on support requests are unacceptable. We deserve better. I appreciate the work you all have put in and use Perch everyday but we need better reply’s and updates.

Thank you.

Respectfully, Jonathan Hazelwood

• That nicely written comment from Jonathan deserves a more thoughtful and warmer response than this repetition of words I would say.

You would probably only give this answer if you are indeed negotiating to hand over Perch to another party.

Hope it will be in the near future. Good luck!