Perch has a new home!

• Hi there!

TheOldDesigner and the wider Perch community; from the feedback here we're very happy the desire for knowledge and updates on the product is generating such passionate comments and in some cases that others may interpret negatively. There is clearly an appetite for us to deliver the changes you're expecting from the investment you've made over the years.

As I said we are monitoring the forum and will drop in from time to time and my support colleagues will be engaging with you to ensure a free flow of communications. It is important as you highlight to keep in touch. We want the forum and the product to blossom under our new helm.

Most importantly I don't want to promise something I cant deliver and for this you'll appreciate why I've not attached any dates to the roadmap at this time other than to set a target to bring you v4 as our first key achievement.

Keep in touch

George.

• Thank you, George G but this is just more platitudes and vague statements.

I think we all need some serious clarification from whoever you are so I will repeat my points

1. Who are the new Perch "Team" what experience do you bring to Perch and what is the (at least) basic Roadmap re future updates/versions and plugins?

2. What is the current status of the development cycle both of the core code and the plugins many rely on to empower Perch? I fail to believe you can not even have a basic idea on timescales, if you don't I'm afraid that tells us quite a lot.

3. What are the plans for future support, Slack/Forum/Discord peer support only or the Perch team as well, or maybe even paid support?

These are all basic questions in my opinion that need answering concisely, honestly and straight away. Of course you may disagree, that as the owner(s) is your right, we have the right to vote with our feet and wallets.

It's funny that my last post sat in "moderation" for a good few days, posting a screenshot on Twitter got it approved within minutes so maybe that's where we need to call you out!

• As I said we are monitoring the forum and will drop in from time to time and my support colleagues will be engaging with you to ensure a free flow of communications. It is important as you highlight to keep in touch. We want the forum and the product to blossom under our new helm.

I'm not quite sure you're grasping the concept of support.

It's getting ridiculous now. Although, it is starting to become entertaining to watch how badly managed this has been. You're certainly setting an example of how not to do things when running a software company.

Just answer some questions directly, without posting another message that doesn't actually say anything.

• If it wasn't for the hard work and dedication for a small number of forum contributors here I don't think Perch would even be in the (admittedly perilous) state it is now. I think you owe it to at least these people to give them more than vague platitudes and pronouncements of things which may or may not come.

Really what does it take for one of your “support team” to dip into the forum once or twice a week with concrete help/support or even to just approve posts held for moderation?

I couldn't agree more!